It is really tough to control a hyper-active child. Imagine the condition of the teacher who has to handle so many kids at the same time. But, teachers at preschool Singapore use various methods to bring fun into the classroom. These innovative methods try to engage the kids and make the learning fun, interesting and meaningful. Kids just love to be in the class and enjoy coming to the school.
1. Technology: Technology is used interactively for enhancing and enriching the teaching and learning experience. It gives the freedom to the child to explore and learn new things. By accelerating the learning process, the kids get motivated to unravel more interesting things. It can help in building up the problem-solving techniques and enhancing the logical thinking.
2. Experiments: Kids are made to carry out small experiments, which help them in understanding the concepts. It builds the curiosity in the child and the child tends to become more inquisitive.
3. Games: Playing games are the best way to catch the child’s attention. Obviously, the child will not want to keep studying always. With the right kind of games, the child is made to strive for success, but also to face defeats gracefully. When games are incorporated in the syllabus, the kids are encouraged to use their creativity for solving problems. And, they understand the basic rule of life, about how to learn from their mistakes. There are also some hands-on activities that help the children in understanding the concepts with the help of what they see, experience, touch and feel.
4. Loud reading: When the teachers read out loud to the class and narrate stories, along with some actions, the toddlers enjoy it a lot.
5. Music: In preschool Singapore, music is the greatest medium through which people can be connected, not to mention kids simply love music. With the help of nursery rhymes, kids develop a sense of language, memory, motor skills, social skills and emotional quotient. In fact, even the most difficult things can be taught to the kids through music.
These are some of the ways by which the classroom can be turned into fun places. The kids enjoy coming to the school and be a part of the learning and educational activities. A child’s mind is raw and can be moulded in the way we want. So, by motivating and encouraging the child, his intelligence and talent can be tapped and nurtured.